SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing Resume | Logbook | Web App
View Single Post
post #6 of Old 03-16-2019
mbianka

Re: Sailing Resume | Logbook | Web App

Sorry I can't comment on your design or function. I'm always leary about using other log ins to sign onto websites other than the one it is designated for. That goes doubly for Facebook and Google. But, that's just me.

As far as log books go I am planing on going the other way. I use a written log in a bound book as Capta describes where I keep my voyage log and any other notes pertaining to the boat. I plan on taking a photo of each page as it fills up (probably with my cell phone) and eventually upload it into a file in the cloud. Then I will have several backups of it and can access it whether I am on the boat or not. The one thing about a written log and notes on paper is it always works and will never get obsolete. Having back ups in the cloud (or on the phone) allows me access the data no matter where I am.

I came to this epiphany last week when I went to do a quick check on the boat and look at the sketch I made last season of dimensions for a new sail cover. The sketch I made was in the log book. I took a photo of the sketch and can now use it at home to fabricate the new sail cover.

Mike
Currently: Heading to warm waters over the winter on a variety of boats.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by mbianka; 03-16-2019 at 08:01 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome