SailNet Community - View Single Post - Electric Conversion log for Kahleesea
View Single Post
post #181 of Old 03-18-2019 Thread Starter
Captain Canuck

Re: Electric Conversion log for Kahleesea

Quote:
Originally Posted by texlan View Post
Good deal Cap'n, I'm jealous of your free time (I've been working 14 hour days for the past 2 months with only one Sunday off in that whole time....) and your progress! Did you get the display? Are you able to measure your unloaded RPM at a given voltage? Would be good to share for the record, I'm sure a lot of people would be interested in it. That's the Motenergy ME1115 right?

Sean
Careful working that hard. It's easy to burn out if you don't take time for yourself.

I didn't get the display. I'm planning to, but I want to get the basic kit installed before I figure out where to put that. I might spring for the battery power gauge as well, if I can find the helm real estate for it. I'm probably going to have to redesign the helm station anyway, since I don't really have anywhere to install the key switch. Maybe I'll take out one of my old ray marine displays.

I plan to share all the data as I accumulate it. I'll eventually post a comparison between the old Yarnmar 2gm20 and the new Motenergy ME1115.

I'm a bit disappointed in how slow the progress has been so far. Unfortunately, I'm quite tall, so I can only work in extremely cramped spaces like boat engine compartments for so long. Being bent over double for hours takes a toll the next day or two.

I hope to finish the physical install soon. Khaleesea also needs her bottom paint redone, so I'll have to have a go at that too.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome