SailNet Community - View Single Post - Caribbean, What works and doesn't
View Single Post
post #126 of Old 03-20-2019
Minnewaska

Re: Caribbean, What works and doesn't

Out, I just renewed my USCG documentation. It also expires in May, but I renewed in March. I did not notice, until your post made me look, but the new Doc now says it expires in April. That sucks.

For what it's worth, it took 6 days for my new doc to arrive in the mail, with no expedited request.

There is no clear option for multiple years, but in another thread (I can't find it right now), someone indicated how to request multiple years for your Doc. Something like putting it in the comment section or just paying too much and they know what to do. Weird. My hesitancy for doing so is some language that says they are not refundable. I couldn't tell if that meant you sell your boat and lose the remainder. May be worth it, in your situation.

If you're hauling before it expires, what's the big deal anyway? Just bring the new one back down with you. Sad to hear you won't have a boat up north this summer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

Last edited by Minnewaska; 03-20-2019 at 07:53 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome