SailNet Community - View Single Post - How do you find one?
View Single Post
post #16 of Old 03-22-2019 Thread Starter
Rmaddy

Re: How do you find one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb32863 View Post
Nice to see another Minnesota sailor. I went to Florida to get my First 235. You just have to be diligent n your search. Try Hooper's Yachts, he usually has a decent selection. What lakes are you wanting to sail? I just saw a 235 that came up for sale in South Carolina. Craig's List is probably better than most. For SailboatListings, check that ad date as a lot go stale and are old. Hit me up if you have any MN questions. I sail on Minnetonka, Wayzata Yacht Club.
I got out to Hooper's last week and pretty much nothing was visible under the snow. Today, if one is willing to cross the mud, the leftovers of 2018 are in plain view. I looked at an older Suncat today, but there was a lot of moisture on interior trim boards adjacent to the portside chainplate. There was a decent Cape Dory, a Sanibel and a Potter, but all of the owners seem to be rather optimistic about their value.

It was a fun day of poking around, but nothing that wanted to follow me home. I'm still stalking the ads and hoping to see a bit better selection in the local boatyards.

Last edited by Rmaddy; 03-23-2019 at 01:18 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome