SailNet Community - View Single Post - I've made a forecast web app
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 03-24-2019 Thread Starter
laf1greg

Re: I've made a forecast web app

Quote:
What I would love, would be the ability to see a graph (linegraph) illustrating the wind-strength for all the models in the same view. With a line (different colors of course) for each model. That would give a fantastic overview, if the models pretty much agree on how much wind we can except, or if there are big differences, which would mean that the forecast is unpredictable.
Thats interesting. I've seen a site somewhere with that feature, it was a bit of a messy graph though. One other problem is that different model family have different "forecasted/reality scale" so to compare all of them could be misleading. But that's definitely an interesting idea to dig. Thanks for sharing I will try to see how I could implement it.

Quote:
While it is visually simple, it does not appear to provide as complete and detailed information as the better weather apps that are out there.
Hi Jeff, thanks for your comment. What other data would you like to have ?
I've tried to put most interesting forecasts models for wind and weather. I didn't put PRESSURE amongs the different data and no current weather or current wind. But other than that you get 7 different weather models for north america + NOAA tides for both coast + high res wave models WW3. All of that for every single location. And worldwide you also get 2 models + tides + NOAA waves low res.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome