SailNet Community - View Single Post - I've made a forecast web app
View Single Post
post #10 of Old 03-25-2019
colemj

Re: I've made a forecast web app

Hmm, I posted, but it appears not to have made it here. Anyway, I seem to be having issues scrolling. I get weather data for 2.8 days, with the third day abruptly cut off, but no way to scroll to see further days. Is this intended, or is it on my side?

As for line graphs, it is predictwind that gives those. They do 4 models: GFS, ECM, and two of their own special models. Of these, their two special models are so much crap that it distracts from the actual model data. Really, I have never seen their special models predict anywhere close to reality.

However, I too have become fond of this mode of presentation - it provides a very quick visual overview before digging further into the data.

BTW, nice so far, and thank you for the work. I'm always happy when people put effort into these types of non-mainstream, specialty apps.

Mark

Dolphin 460 Catamaran "Reach"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Current boat

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Previous boat

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome