SailNet Community - View Single Post - Just purchased a 1973 Pearson 30, need advice.
View Single Post
post #51 of Old 03-25-2019
taylmeistr

Re: Just purchased a 1973 Pearson 30, need advice.

I have to post 14 more times on SailNet before I can private message - I'd like to share my acquisition story privately - nothing shady just T.M.I. for this forum. Find me on FB by searching chris taylor drummond island and I'll reply with it.

I paid 3K for her. She came with a fiberglass sailing dinghy with an old 6 horse Johnson on it - I promptly sold both for a song as they were a liability at the municipal marina where she is moored.

I was not aware of the shift linkage issue - thanks for that - I will inspect it as soon as I get back to her.

If I understand you correctly you did eventually find the correct sail slides and they are probably on the sail that is currently on her? I know there is a bag of sail slides that came with her.

I have seen a lot of "scrap her and buy one in sailing condition" advice but I am already past that point and am committed to getting her back in good sailing order.

Again I really appreciate your willingness to share information. I consider it a boon & expect it will help speed a few things along.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome