SailNet Community - View Single Post - Suggestions Please for Great Lakes Bucket List Cruise
View Single Post
post #19 of Old 04-02-2019
MikeOReilly
Old soul

Re: Suggestions Please for Great Lakes Bucket List Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepDish View Post
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but would anyone like to extend what has already been written to comment on "must visit" restaurants, museums, river walks, and gardens in the (northern-ish) Great Lakes? My wife and I are also not fond of crowds but I think we might be interested in slightly less remote venues than Peter.
The Great Lakes is a huge cruising area with great variety ranging from true wilderness in northern Lake Superior, to semi-wilderness of the North Channel and Georgian Bay, to dense urban life of the southern Lakes. Take your pick. What kind of cruising do you like?

I’m more intimately familiar with the Canadian shores, but urban cruising along the south shore of Erie might fit your bill. Also, the Lake Ontario north shore is peppered with large cities like Hamilton and Toronto, as well as smaller communities like Whitby, Coburg, Presqu’ile, Trent, Belleville. The Bay of Quinte or the Henderson/Chaumont Bays areas offer a mix of semi-remote and smaller urban cruising. And of course there’s the 1000 Islands with a similar mix of urban and semi-wild.

A guide I can recommend (because I work with them ) is Waterway Guide’s Great Lakes editions. It’s now broken into two (north and south Lakes). Or just spend some time on the free online Explorer tool:
https://www.waterwayguide.com/explor...10&mode=marina

Why go fast, when you can go slow.
BLOG:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome