SailNet Community - View Single Post - I've made a forecast web app
View Single Post
post #23 of Old 04-04-2019
Morild

Re: I've made a forecast web app

Quote:
Originally Posted by titustiger27 View Post

I should add, that I like igetwind for the information it provides

And wasn't exactly complaining about the terminology, I was mainly wondering if it was eventually going to be converted into what I consider an app to be on my iPad
You will see this more and more. Google is pushing hard for the development of Web-apps (they call them PWA's) and besides a few things, you can do the same today in a web-app as you can with a native app.
They can even be made to run off-line so you don't need internet connection, if an app has any useful use in that scenario. (It happens).
There are many reasons why this development is good for consumers, and I see a lot of app customers becoming aware of this. I am in the business of app development, and more and more customers do not want to develop apps for multiple platforms anymore. The ever changing conditions and moneytary terms of app-stores is also a driver for web-apps.
If a web-app is made correctly, it can be "Installed" on any device and the look and feel for the user will be similar to a native- app, with no browser address-bar visible etc.
I could go on for hours, I will let my self out now

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome