SailNet Community - View Single Post - What are typical marina liability insurance requirements
View Single Post
post #11 of Old 04-06-2019
MikeOReilly
Old soul

Re: What are typical marina liability insurance requirements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverhi View Post
Difference could be that your legal system is not designed to serve the interests of the Trial Lawyers at the expense of everyone else. Hopefully you don't have bottom dwelling attorneys filing lawsuits for every thing they can think up so insurance can be cheaper.

The two marinas I currently have boats in, Hawaii & California, recently upped their limits to $500,000 from $300,000. Both are publicly owned facilities.
Yes, my $2M liability coverage is pretty cheap; a tiny part of my total insurance bill.

It certainly seems true the US is far more litigious than just about anywhere else in the world. But wouldnít that encourage marinas to demand even higher liability amounts from transients? Iím sure the cost to the boater would be a lot more, but the marina doesnít care about that. They are trying to ensure they donít get stuck with a cost, so wouldnít they want to see higher amounts?

Why go fast, when you can go slow.
BLOG:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome