SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boat People Scum
View Single Post
post #31 of Old 04-08-2019
SanderO

Re: Boat People Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
Let's say you live across from a popular dinghy dock and many cruisers use it to go to town. I'll bet, if a cruiser saw you in your driveway and asked you for a favor to dispose of a single bag of trash, in the can you pay to have picked up each week, you'd agree to help out. This thread is about that same cruiser sneaking up your driveway and putting their garbage into your pail, without asking first.
Trash containers are not minded. People use them because they are there to place trash in. Sure a property owners and business PAY (usually) for trash to be collected and provide the appropriate container for it. Of course you would be pissed off if your container was filled up (and you end up paying for its removal).

So in Newport there IS a dumpster at the dinghy dock by the sailing center at the Armory. We use it. I believe there is one often at Kings Park pier... and we'll use that one too. There is also one or more over at Fort Adams. We put a grocery bag full because we don't store much rubbish aboard... at most to grocery bags.

Authorities should provide the service. I caught a woman.. who likely doesn't have a carting service leave a bunch of huge rubbish bags on the sidewalk next to a city trash can. Pretty creepy.

Hold your trash until you can dispose it properly.

pay attention... someone's life depends on it

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome