SailNet Community - View Single Post - Electric Conversion log for Kahleesea
View Single Post
post #187 of Old 04-08-2019 Thread Starter
Captain Canuck
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Deale, MD
Posts: 329
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Rep Power: 5
 
Re: Electric Conversion log for Kahleesea

Update 4/8/2019

The diesel tank isn't going to go without a fight. I was able to remove the bulkhead next to it and get that bracket unscrewed, but the bracket on the other side is proving problematic. I might have to cut the screws off to remove it. I still have some cooling hoses to remove and a bunch of general cleanup to do. I'm going to have the boat inspected by an ABYC tech before I finalize the installation to make sure I didn't miss anything.

I built a frame out of scrap the same size as the battery box I designed. No go. There's too many protrusions in the way for it to fit. Looks like the battery box will have to be a double-decker to fit.

The sanding continues. I'm sanding off a couple of decade's worth of paint. In some places it's at least 1/8" thick in at least 4 layers. In others, it's almost non-existent. I switched disks to Diablo brand and the sanding suddenly was moving much faster. I'm hoping to have the sanding and painting done by the end of the week.

April is rapidly filling up with goings-on, both at work and home. The Annapolis boat show is the last weekend of April, as is Avengers:Endgame, so I doubt I'll be getting much done that weekend.
Captain Canuck is online now  
 
 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome