View Single Post
post #76 of Old 04-12-2019
cb32863
Lake Sailor

Re: Non Racing Sailors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcb View Post
The truth hurts.

I was a commercial seaman for 20 years. Ships navigator. Yes, I well know racers expectation is for every one else to do the courteous thing and go around their race. Even if it forces 700 foot ships into the rocks.

The courteous thing to do would not set up race courses in busy harbours, channels, ferry routes and commercial shipping lanes. But no, its every one else who is supposed to be courteous.

I don't know how many times I have had to alter ships courses in designated channels while some red faced beered up racer screams "can't you see I am racing here.".
This is more to do with the race committee and how they set up the course. But, yeah, sure, all us racers are dicks. Surprised it took this long for this BS to come up.

I should know better than to try to contribute to these sorts of threads with the positive things that my racing club has and does for the sport of sailing. Always comes down to how much a bunch of a-holes all racers are.

Umquam Porro

Seeker 1992 Beneteau First 235

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome