SailNet Community - View Single Post - Realistic expectations for my house batteries
View Single Post
post #71 of Old 04-14-2019
mbianka

Re: Realistic expectations for my house batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemj View Post
Two Group 27's is a small bank, and implies that your electric propulsion needs are modest. For a larger need, high charge acceptance rates becomes important because one needs to put a lot of current back into the batteries before next use. Or one needs longer times between usage to achieve full charge.
Those two group 27 batteries are just for my 12 volt house bank. I also have four 8A4D AGM batteries for my Electric Propulsion bank. It has it's own charging systems which includes solar, wind and my Honda 2000 generator. Also I can use 120 volts AC if I'm at a dock which is rarely.

One nice thing about having the 10KW Electric Propulsion bank in addition to my house bank is I can tap into if needed while at anchor. Which I do from time to time. I use my 1600 watt 48 volt inverter to use my bread maker. Nothing like the smell and having fresh bread when you wake up in the morning at anchor.

Mike
Currently: Heading to warm waters over the winter on a variety of boats.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome