SailNet Community - View Single Post - Boat People Scum
View Single Post
post #67 of Old 04-15-2019
mbianka

Re: Boat People Scum

I've been going down to the Keys pretty often since the 1980's when I bought my timeshare. The situation regarding less than sea worthy boats looks much worse than before IRMA IMO. I also noticed them located beyond Key West northward this year and certainly noticed an increase around Key West this year compared to last year. I guess IRMA helped clear a lot of the boats out which are now coming back. At the Stock Island Marina I found out a 35 foot (minimum) slip is $1000 a month. Which seems like pretty good deal for a modern marina in that location. Sailor I spoke with that includes pump out by marina staff every week at your slip. Plus pool, showers and laundry facilities. Might even be able to use the hourly Hotel shuttle bus into town. Sounds like a much better deal than anchoring out and worrying about if you dingy will get stolen making you late for work.

Mike
Currently: Enjoying Summer's sailing season

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome