SailNet Community - View Single Post - Realistic expectations for my house batteries
View Single Post
post #95 of Old 04-15-2019
colemj

Re: Realistic expectations for my house batteries

John, you haven't seen squat because you don't actually have a LFP bank, and have never bought or handled prismatic LFP's. Nor a boat. Frankly, you have zero actual experience with LFP usage on a boat. Zero. Nada. Prove me wrong.

I just ordered CALB batteries from that company I listed. They were delivered within a few days, and it was across country. The 180Ah cells came with the factory test sheet showing that they had tested capacities of 208.9Ah-210Ah. I balanced them, charged them, and did a capacity test, and I came up with 208Ah. So there you are - you have seen CALB cells with over 10% capacity above the rating. I have spoken to CALB about this, and their answer was all of their 180Ah cells are designed for 200Ah, but they find it better to label them as 180Ah because they have more leeway for manufacturing variance. FWIW, shipping was $150, but it could have been free if I lived down the road from either their Utah or California businesses.

But besides that you find them wanting in customer interaction, simply price CALB cells anywhere else - they are all the same price.

The lead equivalent capacity to 360Ah LFP is approx. 660Ah, not 225Ah, as you state. If the 225Ah was a simple mistake on your part, then I call BS on you getting 660Ah of any battery for under $215. I don't know which "Deka" you are referring to, but if it is a cheap flooded battery, then you are playing the variables to make your point. Also with picking them up in person. Not everyone lives next to a battery distributor. Not everyone can handle FLA on their boat, and AGM or Gel is a much better comparison to LFP for many reasons.

Like I said, the Lifeline batteries are sold in many, many places, and have similar prices. Pick your favorite outside of Amazon and run the numbers again.

John, you are simply speaking out of your rear here. You seem to be on every RV and boating forum spouting knowledge about LFP batteries, dropping industry names, intimating personal relationships that don't exist, and telling everyone how wrong they are about LFP. In the forums you have not yet been run out of, people keep asking you to describe your LFP batteries and your boat/RV. So far, nothing but crickets out of you.

Prove me wrong.

Mark

Dolphin 460 Catamaran "Reach"
Manta 40 Catamaran "Reach" - For Sale!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome