SailNet Community - View Single Post - Working with sellers who refuse a pending survey contract
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 04-17-2019 Thread Starter
ApparitionS
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 14
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Rep Power: 0
 
Working with sellers who refuse a pending survey contract

Just wanted to see what others have done in this situation. A buddy of mine is looking at a GOB in SC and expressed interest in it. The seller refuses to do any sort of contract that protects him while he’s arranging a survey. Basically if someone walks up tomorrow with the right offer, boats sold, even if a surveyor is coming in the afternoon. Purchase price is in the $25k range and I told him an insurance co won’t touch it without a survey. It’s a classic like mine and they’re aren’t a whole bunch of them on the market. He said it’s in really nice shape and basically ready to go. I’ve bought plenty of boats without a PreP survey but then again I can recognize major issues..usually....and understand that going in I might have missed something and have to fix it. There’s always something to fix anyway so I look at it as taking over the projects from the previous owner. Boats use us until we’re spent and broke then move on to another skipper.

Suggestions?
ApparitionS is offline  
 
 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome