SailNet Community - View Single Post - Working with sellers who refuse a pending survey contract
View Single Post
post #26 of Old 04-18-2019
Minnewaska

Re: Working with sellers who refuse a pending survey contract

Bottom line....... unless something is a rare collectible (which has irrational value to be first in line), the buyer should never beg. Period. Put the deal you're willing to do on the table. Nothing more. Never make the seller feel like they're doing something wrong, just state what you're willing to do and invite them back, if they change their mind.

If someone else is willing to buy the boat, without a survey, find another boat. It's simple.

Somewhat similar to Jeff's scenario, I typically make it clear to the seller that I'm not looking to negotiate price, with the survey. I will be asking to have anything corrected that has not been disclosed or identified, prior to the sale contract. It will be up to the seller to decide if he wants to fix it or give me the money to fix it. If we discussed the sails being 15 years old, I'm not asking for new sails or a discount for old sails. Then I keep my word.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome