SailNet Community - View Single Post - Working with sellers who refuse a pending survey contract
View Single Post
post #27 of Old 04-18-2019
BillMoran

Re: Working with sellers who refuse a pending survey contract

It's kind of interesting ...

When I sold my house recently, I paid to have a home inspection. I then went through the report and fixed any issues that I considered serious, in order to ensure I could get a good price for the house without a lot of hassle.

When I was done with the work and ready to go to market, I provided the survey report with a list of what I'd done to address items on the report. My listing agent made this available to prospective buyers.

The couple who ended up buying the house did their own survey anyway (can't blame them) but there was no renegotiation afterwards, because their inspector didn't find anything additional, and since all the items were disclosed with the sale price, they didn't really have an argument for getting the price down.

I don't see why you couldn't do the same thing with a boat. Quite frankly, the only reason I can see for _not_ doing that is if you think you can hide something. And, of course, that's always the worry, if the seller is being weird about things, what is it they're trying to hide from you?

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome