SailNet Community - View Single Post - Summer Mooring Blues
View Single Post
post #35 of Old 04-21-2019
Sal Paradise
Captain Obvious

Re: Summer Mooring Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanderO View Post
A possible Northport Option because there is no dinghy dock for non residents except for transient use.

I am considering a very inexpensive inflatable that I can fit in my small trunk... and row to get to a small mooring where my RIB could be left when we're not on the mother ship... close to the town dinghy launch ramp/location. Our mooring is almost a mile out so rowing to the boat is not an option... If it's windy a cheapie dink would be a wet ride and capacity is small as well. .... row to the close in moored RIB... tow it to the dock, load up the RIB then tow the cheapie to the RIB's mooring and leave it there until we return and head home. I can put in a small mooring near the town launching ramp... parking it not an issue.

Something like:

https://www.ebay.com/p/Bestway-Hydro...d=392212520037
I am on record saying that I think this not a great solution. I think the dingy to dingy transfer is just one of the problems. Time, storage, putting a stinky dingy that has been floating around Northport in your trunk. Lots of negatives. If you put Shiva in Northport, just pay Seymour's for the launch service. As for a smaller (50lb )outboard engine, it will only take an extra minute to get out to your boat but if someday you hurt your back lifting your (100lb) engine, that might be the end of your sailing season.

Sal Paradise - Armchair Circumnavigator

Senior Researcher - Dunning Kruger

Last edited by Sal Paradise; 04-21-2019 at 10:28 PM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome