View Single Post
post #6 of Old 04-27-2019
capta
Master Mariner

Re: The cheapest RO membrane on market

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halvard View Post
I was thinking of using a high pressure washer as my pump
Sorry, but again, don't you think if high-pressure washer pumps would work adequately for an RO system, all of us who built our own and all the companies making RO units would use them @$300.00 instead of $2k to 2500?
I'm sorry, but I suggest you'd best do a lot more reading up on watermakers. There is a multitude of good info on the web.
When I built this 35 to 40 gph unit, the first thing I bought was the pump. It took me four months of searching the web, but I got a great $2200.00 pump for $940.00. Then, I purchased the other parts to match the pump. That was the cheap and easy part.
It has been working fine for 7 years, with one membrane change a couple of years ago.

"Any idiot can make a boat go; it takes a sailor to stop one." Spike Africa aboard the schooner Wanderer in Sausalito, Ca. 1964.
“Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.” ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

facebook.com/svskippingstone

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome