SailNet Community - View Single Post - 6 Cabins 5 Bathrooms on a 47 foot mono
View Single Post
post #36 of Old 05-03-2019
Minnewaska

Re: 6 Cabins 5 Bathrooms on a 47 foot mono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcb View Post
Here is Gadventures sailing page, which is one of the charterers listed in the article. Has a bunch of sample itinerarys, prices, maps, boats currently in service. I noticethey currently have boats in the 50 ft range already doing this sort of thing. Catamarans carrying up to 12 px and monos up to 8 px.

Note some of the prices. $1699 for 7 days sailing in Sri Lanka? You could sign me up for that, sounds like fun.

https://www.gadventures.com/travel-s...ing/sri-lanka/
Iím was surprised to see itís the same price in the BVIs. I looked that up, on your link, to see how it compared to rates I'm familiar with, in an area that is generally top dollar.

I didnít look closely enough. Is this per room on one of those new gross boats? If you multiplied it by 4, 6 or 8 people/rooms, that would very high for a 40 ft boat. Presumably, this rate structure, where you buy a single bunk/room, could be done with any vessel.

Scratching head.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome