SailNet Community - View Single Post - 6 Cabins 5 Bathrooms on a 47 foot mono
View Single Post
post #38 of Old 05-05-2019
MarkofSeaLife

Dock
Re: 6 Cabins 5 Bathrooms on a 47 foot mono

It's like a backpackers hostel.

Stay in a dormitory with 8 or 10 other backpackers for $20 per night.

Most people refuse this and pay $150 per night to have their own room in a Hilton.yes the backpacker pays more per rata but less overall. His week's vacation cost one night of yours.

I have stayed in a budget backpackers all over the world, and not just when I was young: my last 3 months I have stayed in a Backpackers (ok in a private room not a Dorm) in Bucharest, Nairobi, Kampala, and Victoria Falls. Nightly cost has been about $50, a saving 9f about $100 per night.

To me it's not a loss of privacy, but a gain of new friends. In a Hilton you go out to dinner and do your own thing. In a backpackers you go to the kitchen or common room and say "who wants to go out?". Every night it's new people, new places, new adventures.

These charter boats are the same: who needs their own cabin, just shove me in a bunk for 8 hours comatose... The rest of the time is sailing, snorkeling, beer drinking, beach walks, girls, and inventing coconut rum sundowners.

Yes you can do all that by yourself but it can be a hell of a lot of fun at 30% of the price with a dozen like-minded sexy drunks.

But for the Hilton mob to slag off the dormatory dwellers shows a great lack of understanding.

Mark

Sea Life
Notes on a Circumnavigation:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

People can say they want freedom, but offer them the keys to what chains them, a map to where they want to go,
And they'll turn it down for the cell they know

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome