View Single Post
post #163 of Old 05-10-2019 Thread Starter
chef2sail

Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: 2019 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aswayze View Post
Sounds good, I will snap it up.

I am thinking to hit the bay on this trip since I should be able to see the Potomac easily enough on my usual weekends off.
I understood that but weather looks like you may get your ass kicked Sunday through Wednesday.

Sunday is a rainy washout. Cold and dreary. Wind direction NE Sunday NE reports from Cove Point ( North of the Pautuxet) to Point Lookout predict 13-17 . gusts to 26. The Potomac proper north side will provide some protection. But the open Bay will be pretty rough.
East coasters refer this as nor’easter. Look at the wind field Sunday on the ocean....just 90 miles away. Steady 35 gusts in the high 40s ——that’s Gale Warnings

Take into consideration the the mouth of the Potomac gets hit with the Potomac current and very often is a notorious rough area. Many of us wait to transit it north or south unless you want a teeth rattling ride.

Use the Ap to look at the wind speed and direction along your planned route. We have found it to be pretty accurate 3 days forward.

The Potomac Creeks are just an alternative 😀👍🌪

Have fun....stay safe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome