SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2019 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake
View Single Post
post #164 of Old 05-10-2019 Thread Starter
chef2sail

Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: 2019 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake

Down at Haleakula.
Big T storm just passed through.
Tomorrow looks like an ok day to do our final preparations, fuel up and pump out for our trip north to the LI Sound starting Thursday.

Replacing fore peak battery for the wash down pump, macerator, and holding tank monitor. Putting our pretty new Doyle 135 on the furler, and adding a new Tahatsu propane 5 hp engine to the dinghy. ( I got a good offer for my older 5 year old Lehr) and an introductory price for the Tahatsu. The whole switch was $600. Switching to a propane outboard 5 years ago was a good decision for us.

Long range prognosis may delay us a day in Cape May an extra day as a possible north eastern wind on next Saturday, but that’s far enough out that could modify or change. Would not even attempt Barnegat in NE conditions.

What won’t change is Sunday’s ( tomorrows) washout around here and strong nor -Easter like conditions with Gail gusts and cool weather. Good day to go home, make chili and bread and hunker down.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome