SailNet Community - View Single Post - Fuel lifting pump making noise when first starting engine
View Single Post
post #18 of Old 05-13-2019
capta
Master Mariner

Re: Fuel lifting pump making noise when first starting engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanM26 View Post
Automotive technician here; I recommend my customers avoid NAPA parts if at all possible. If it fails in a car, no big deal. Boats are not cars.

Also, a failed diesel lift pump can cause the injection pump to fail.
lol Well you see, that's the difference between us marine engineers and you Automotive technicians. Whereas you've got to go buy a replacement, we've got one or two spares stuck away in a drawer somewhere and can make the change before you've got your order into NAPA guy.
Two completely different mentalities; sadly, we don't have a NAPA store out there on the briny. lol

"Any idiot can make a boat go; it takes a sailor to stop one." Spike Africa aboard the schooner Wanderer in Sausalito, Ca. 1964.
“Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.” ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

facebook.com/svskippingstone

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome