SailNet Community - View Single Post - North Cove Moorings are available (Old Saybrook, CT)
View Single Post
post #29 of Old 05-13-2019 Thread Starter
billsull

Re: North Cove Moorings are available (Old Saybrook, CT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
What is the update on these moorings and dredging?

Can you pick up a mooringveith a ribbon or unoccupied?

Can you anchor?

Did they complete the refurbishing of the dock?

How far a walk to to a new is it.

Hi Chef,
Greetings from Ye Olde Saybrooke! Here are my responses, in the same order as your questions:

As of last Saturday evening (5/11), all of the moorings were in and three sailboats were on their moorings. Dredging was completed in 2018 in the mooring field and the channel from the river into the cove.

You can pick up any mooring with a yellow ribbon, but I would guess that most mooring holders (including me) havenít been out to their mooring ball to tie on the ribbon yet. There are a couple of free (72 hours) town moorings set close to town dock (west end of mooring field).

Not much room to anchor in the mooring field. Youíd either be swinging into the shallow areas or into another mooring. Better to just grab a mooring. Iím hoping to be on my mooring by next weekend, but feel free to grab it in the meantime. Marked ďSullivan 300#Ē, about 2/3rds of the way in on the south side.

They havenít done anything to the town dock as far as I can tell. Itís still a fixed main dock and there is a shallow spot near the face of the dock. The dinghy dock behind the main dock floats.

Iím guessing youíre asking how far it is from town dock to the center of town? Itís about a half mile to Main Street. There are plenty of restaurants within walking distance and even more a short cab ride away. Iíll leave the restaurant reviews to you though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill Sullivan
----------------
Allied Seawind 30
Bristol 24
Old Saybrook, CT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome