SailNet Community - View Single Post - What's that going to cost
View Single Post
post #31 of Old 05-15-2019
Minnewaska

Re: What's that going to cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoCoSailor View Post
.....The cost I hate about DIY projects on my boat, is the little stuff. Sandpaper, gloves, brushes, fasteners, connectors, sealer, tape... they always seem to add up quickly.......
This is one of the things that kills me on my yard bills too. They often charge for the quarts of solvent, or pack of rags, or whatever, when I'm sure they weren't all used. I don't get the excess, because they don't disclose there was any. It just stands to reason the entire quantities weren't used. No doubt they're either taken by the guys for their own use, or just resold to the next guy.

Although, this pales in comparison to the number of hours they bill for jobs I've done myself, on the same boat, in half the time. T&M jobs are valued by contractors for a reason. They can work at whatever pace they please.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome