SailNet Community - View Single Post - What do you expect?
View Single Post
post #19 of Old 05-15-2019 Thread Starter
capta
Master Mariner

Re: What do you expect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOReilly View Post
Yup, we all plan — make plans. Some things are dictated by Momma Nature. Others by Human Nature. And most of us face limitations due to social/economic demands.

We better have a rough idea about when the next provisioning stop will be, otherwise mutiny might follow. And we better not run out of coffee or wine!!!

Within all that though there can be a wide range of plans — no-plans. I like to have very loose plans when we cruise. We usually have a general idea, or perhaps even a destination in mind. But then I try and give ourselves the most possible time to do it in.
Is it the air around Newfoundland or is it just coincidence both you and the author of "The Boat that Wouldn't Float" seem to have the same outlook on life? lol

"Any idiot can make a boat go; it takes a sailor to stop one." Spike Africa aboard the schooner Wanderer in Sausalito, Ca. 1964.
“Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.” ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind in the Willows

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

facebook.com/svskippingstone

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome