SailNet Community - View Single Post - Holy Water Levels, Again.
View Single Post
post #33 of Old 05-21-2019
Minnesail

Re: Holy Water Levels, Again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Siren View Post
That is a lot of change...now imagine that over an entire region, and you understand why the levels are what they are. Checking our local forecast this morning show rain for 5 out of the next 6 days...my boat is going to float right off the stands if this keeps up...ok not really but you get my drift.
Yeah, there’s a bike path along the Mississippi that I sometimes take to work. Usually in the spring it gets covered by a foot or two of water and is impassable for a couple weeks. This year it was under eight feet of water and has been closed for over a month.

I have a friend with a 50’ power boat. She had to scramble to launch it early this year, because the storage yard at the marina was going to be underwater.

I’m reading about flooding downstream in Illinois and Mississippi and Louisiana and I’m thinking “keep your sandbags up, we’re sending a bunch more water your way.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Siren View Post
Minne….On a quick sidestep, how is the new daysailer working out for the club that you picked up here in Michigan, has anyone taken it out yet??
They put it in on the 11th, but I was out of town and wasn’t able to help. I know they’ve gotten a couple sails in and it sounds like it’s been great, but I haven’t been able to get to it. I hoping to try it out on Saturday. I don’t think anyone has dared test the spinnaker yet Thanks for asking!

Catalina 22
on a starboard tack

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome