SailNet Community - View Single Post - Tow question in Newport, RI
View Single Post
post #30 of Old 06-01-2019
Minnewaska

Re: Tow question in Newport, RI

Another thought. SafeSea towing is based in Wickford, right across the Bay from Newport. If you contracted for a tow with them to bring the boat to one of the marinas in Wickford, you would save on their return trip time. They are based at the Brewer marina there, so they’d be home when you are.

SafeSea is a locally owned company and may negotiate if you could get them on the phone. I know you said it was difficult to call, but I think you’re better off, if you could solve for that.

I suspect only Brewer or the Wickford Shipyard, in that harbor, are well enough equipped to help you with the mast, if you need that.

Another concept to prepare for. Most all marinas around here allow outside labor, but require an extra fee from them. 10%-15% or an add on hourly charge. The vendor also typically needs to register, bring insurance, etc. Ask so you’re not surprised. All the traveling vendors would be familiar.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome