SailNet Community - View Single Post - How to block water???
View Single Post
post #5 of Old 06-06-2019 Thread Starter
SanderO

Re: How to block water???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnewaska View Post
My go to would also be 4200. I used exactly that to do something similar in the bilges of the mother ship. I think it worked. It is a bit messy looking.

I have a suspicion, especially with your hose penetration, this may be a frustrating endeavor. If any water gets past, or in via the seat, it probably won't drain back at all. I have the exact same dinghy setup, but she lives on davits, with the plug open. If I recall, yours lives at a mooring? Too bad there wasn't a dock to pull it up on and open the plug.

I see little contained bilge pumps for dinks too, with tractor batteries and some with mini-solar panels. How about a canvas cover and some interior bows?
PITA to motor a filled up dink to an available dock.... and lift it up to drain.

I have a transom mounted gusher but this too takes quite a lot of effort to get all that water out.

Seat lid detail prevents water from getting into locker. It has a continuous weep channel.... the locker has a cushion which also sheds and blocks rainwater.

I am thinking about a small solar panel, small motorcycle AGM and a small bilge 12v pump,, batt in locker... wiring through bilge.

I could open the drain and hang the RIB from a halyard.

pay attention... someone's life depends on it

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome