SailNet Community - View Single Post - Motoring from Newport, RI to Annapolis, MD - trip planning
View Single Post
post #130 of Old 07-22-2019 Thread Starter
Zanshin

Re: Motoring from Newport, RI to Annapolis, MD - trip planning

Underway now, I went into the basin at 10:30 and only had 2 feet under keel at the entrance, but then it deepened and I've filled up on fuel (I used exactly 60 gallons from Newport) and am motoring at 2000RPM towards Lewes. The sea motion sucks today, the little monitor I have keeps on wanting to fall off the nav table so I think I'll stay topsides today and not upload the pictures of the trip. I am running low on both beer and milk (for coffee) but I'm not rationing myself yet.

I've been using the OpenCPN product for this trip and I'm pretty pleased with it, despite the occasional crash on both the tablet and Windows PC. The integration of tides and current plus the grib overlay is impressive and I am now thinking of dispensing with the Raymarine chartplotter in lieu of this solution when I refit the boat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome