View Single Post
post #322 of Old 07-22-2019 Thread Starter
chef2sail

Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: 2019 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezz View Post
Finally - a decent stretch off of work!

My dad and I are going on a three day sail starting this Wednesday. Since I'm leaving from Sandy Point State Park, based on the wind I may go toward Annapolis and anchor in a creek somewhere past Route 50 for the first night. Maybe a mooring for the second night in Annapolis. Does anyone else have a decent idea for a couple day sail based on the forecast and starting point?

I'm really looking forward to getting out on the water. The V berth is 100% done, and now I'm working on finishing the rest of the interior prep and paint. The deck nonskid is almost completely done too. So close, yet so far! Tomorrow (Tuesday) will be meal planning and last minute boat prep.
Good to see you getting out. Looks like a nice couple of days. Wednesday north winds. Thursday and Friday very light wind.

Here are some options.

South River Aberdeen Creek or Harness Creek the first night. 11-13 miles downwind , then broad reach up the river or

Clements Creek up the Severn with free navy moorings or one of my favorites Hopkins Creek in the Forrest way up the Servern off of Little Round Bay. Same down wind broad reach then close hauled up the Severn. 10 miles to Clements , 13 to Hopkins.

Second night eithe moor in Annapolis Harbor or Anchor in Mill Creek (JeffHs ) or my creek Whitehall Creek both off of Whitehall Bay

Good shakedown cruise.

Last suggestion Rhode River H Bar for the first night and Annapolis the second.

Have fun. Nice days, cool nights.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome