SailNet Community - View Single Post - 2019 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake
View Single Post
post #324 of Old 07-23-2019
Rezz
Trailer Sailer Moderator

Re: 2019 Sailing Season on the Chesapeake

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Good to see you getting out. Looks like a nice couple of days. Wednesday north winds. Thursday and Friday very light wind.

Here are some options.

South River Aberdeen Creek or Harness Creek the first night. 11-13 miles downwind , then broad reach up the river or

Clements Creek up the Severn with free navy moorings or one of my favorites Hopkins Creek in the Forrest way up the Servern off of Little Round Bay. Same down wind broad reach then close hauled up the Severn. 10 miles to Clements , 13 to Hopkins.

Second night eithe moor in Annapolis Harbor or Anchor in Mill Creek (JeffHs ) or my creek Whitehall Creek both off of Whitehall Bay

Good shakedown cruise.

Last suggestion Rhode River H Bar for the first night and Annapolis the second.

Have fun. Nice days, cool nights.
My first trip long trip was Clements and a mooring in Annapolis. That was a nice set of locations. I'm tempted to do the same, because I know them already and I don't have to worry about dropping an anchor. But somewhere new is always nice...

What do you like about Hopkins Creek? I haven't been past Clements yet. I may plan on sailing as long as there's wind, so if it dies down by the time we hit Clements we could just pull in.

Thanks for all the intel!

~ Rezz

S/v DreamWeaver
1980 Laguna Windrose 22

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome