SailNet Community - View Single Post - Home Ownership
Thread: Home Ownership
View Single Post
post #5 of Old 07-23-2019 Thread Starter
Bryan Donovan

Re: Home Ownership

I am adding the bills up. I am actually Temecula area now. $2200 for rent. Estimating another $600 for all my other bills. Electric, Gas, internet... I already ditched direct TV, switched to YouTube TV for local programing. Starting to sell the toys in the garage. Have a few finances to deal with in the next couple months. (Taxes that got messed up during divorce)

I was hoping to finance a boat up to $50K. Looks like that could cost me up to $500 a month. I have my name on a waiting list at Fiddlers Cove in San Diego right now. Going to go down and check out another marina or two this weekend. Fiddlers Cove is a military marina so its about half the cost of everyone else. Hopefully that works out but will look at other options as well. If I could keep my Monthly cost for the boat and the slip under $1500 a month I would be happy.

My goal is to have something and at least living onboard on weekends by next fourth of July. Gave myself a year. Fiddlers cove gives you 12 days a month to be on the boat in non-live aboard status. If I have to go rent a room from someone for a while I will do that during the week. I am thinking it will all still be under what I am paying monthly now.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome