SailNet Community - View Single Post - CS 36 T Instrument Lights
View Single Post
post #2 of Old 08-18-2019
Minnewaska

Re: CS 36 T Instrument Lights

I'm not familiar with your boat, other than by name. Would that be for your navigation lights?

Before I pulled all the existing wire, I would remove and clean each connection, from the switch to the appliance. They corrode over time. You could also check for continuity or resistance in the wire, with a multi meter, but that can be misleading, unless you truly find open circuit that shouldn't be. Bulbs go bad too, along with their connections. Sometimes the entire lamp fixture is too corroded to work properly.

If you do pull new wire, I strongly encourage pulling the old wire out (which you can use as a messenger for the new wire, if you get all the hold downs clipped off). The mystery wire will drive you crazy down the road. No one likes to find an open wire, having no idea what it's connected to on the other end.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome