SailNet Community - View Single Post - CS 36 T Instrument Lights
View Single Post
post #4 of Old 08-18-2019
albrazzi
al brazzi

Re: CS 36 T Instrument Lights

My CS30 should be similar, you don't say but is it the Volvo panel? I didn't like the alarm configuration, there was one alarm for temp and oil pressure (audible) alarm, rather than working on the panel when neither (or both) didn't work I added an autometer Marine temp and volt meter off to the side, I ran a new wire for the temp sensor and the voltage can be picked up anywhere. Insrument switch operates the original panel but nothing can be seen there, the two new Gauges (lights) and everything on the binnacle, GPS depth&knot. Now that I'm writing this down I don't think the temp is switched and I honestly don't recall what circuit it's on, but if I don't switch the instruments on I think it still works. Similarly, not sure how the oil pressure was originally wired since it didn't work I replaced the buzzer and switched ( used a switch on the panel I think was for lights originally) it so I can cut off the alarm on shutdown and leave the key on for the blower. Not exactly as original but if repowered the entire panel and wiring would be replaced so I opted for functionality.

Just as important as all this I found probably 2/3 of the spades on the panel outputs that were not getting a clean connection or would pull right out of their spade crimps so I reworked all that and in 5 years have had NO other problems, all this was fixed first year. I would open and Inspect everything being careful of course of the AC circuits, they can hurt you.

Hope this helps AL

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome