SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sailing as a senior
View Single Post
post #10 of Old 09-14-2019
Minnewaska

Re: Sailing as a senior

There was a time I had myself convinced I could mange my knee, by being disciplined enough not to do the things that hurt it. I’d make a mistake and then remind myself to focus. Took a while to realize it had nothing to do with my actions. A movement would set me back that hadn’t been a problem before. It was broken and needed to be fixed. That’s part of the deal too. I know many who’ve refused obvious needs for care. The excuse not to typically seems to be either fear or financial, both of which I understand. Not that you run to the operating room, as a first reaction. However, if you wait too long, the repair becomes more severe and the recovery less assured.

Next addition should be what stress does to ones overall health and vitality. Spoiler alert, it’s probably the worst functional disease.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome