SailNet Community - View Single Post - Safety and security in the Caribbean.
View Single Post
post #12 of Old 10-05-2019
chef2sail

Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Safety and security in the Caribbean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capta View Post
Every now and the someone posts a question about how safe it may be to sail the Caribbean.
A few months back I posted "de shotupboatmon" about the veracity of the reports on the CSSN and after some research I found that of 5 reports in 3 or 4 years of pirate attacks between Grenada and Trinidad, only one had any veracity at all! Now it appears that the Caribbean Safety and Security Net has a lot more folks questioning the validity of their reporting system.
So, for those worried about the safety of sailing the Caribbean Islands, I suggest you are probably a lot safer on your boat sailing down here than you would be on the waterfront of most American cities.
Now that’s real fair.....comparing the Caribbean to an American city. How about comparing it to say Annapolis, Newport, Bar Harbor. I don’t think anyone is attacking cruisers there.

I like most of what you post, but even Paradise has crime issues. Besides it would be good for business if you thought or posted otherwise.😀😀👍😀😀

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome