SailNet Community - View Single Post - Nor'easter Season
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 10-09-2019
HUGOSALT

Re: Nor'easter Season

With nor easter bearing down on us I sailed the boat today from my exposed mooring on Long Island sound to protected slip in Manhasset bay where, hopefully, we'll sail out of till end of December. But maybe not so much this week!
Was at least 15 boats anchored or on town guest moorings (free) in bay to wait out weather before continuing on their way south.

[QUOTE=outbound;2051630212]Some of the best sailing Iíve had in the northeast has been in November. Winds return to Massachusetts bay. Harbors are empty. Autumn is beautiful.

Yes! late Oct./Nov. and sometimes into Dec. Wonderful, just short 2-3 day cruises for me this time of year and great day sails.
Actually become a passenger on my own boat as I transform from mostly singlehanded summer sailor to a full crew of captains
as their boats are pulled. Then after our Christmas eve sail and my boats gets pulled we get to sail all winter on 1 or 2 friends boats and then we really have the sound to ourselves, except for an occasional seal the last few years.
Enjoy sailing while snowing, ice not so much.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome