View Single Post
post #8 of Old 10-13-2019
Interlude
S/V Interlude, PSC31

Re: Orion 27 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleWingCA View Post
Hi:
I too am a little biased since I own a Orion 27, but when I was looking for my Pacific Seacraft sailboat I checked out used Flickas, Dana24s, and PS31s. I am a big guy and the Orion 27 fit the best. The Flicka lacked 6'+ headroom, and the Head in the Dana24 and PS31 was small, and the doorway narrow. The galley was small as well. The layout of the Orion 27 offered plenty of headroom, a Head I could manuvere in and a galley that is stretched out with plenty of room. I also liked the fact that the table could be dropped and a cushion added to make a nice double berth in addition to the v-berth. Can't do that on a Dana24 or PS31.

Many different wishes for folks on a boat as there are 50 opinions with 50 folks! All of the craft being considered are wonderful choices for their own individual reasons and merits. Did wanna reply that the head location on the Dana and 31 appeal to many as they are at the bottom of the companionway so no traipsing thought the saloon and no sleeping over your holding tank! Also the disappearing sliding table has 6'6" sea berths on either side so no need to sleep on your table and at least on the 31 there is a 6'6" double quarter berth as well. (we use it as a garage mostly but have had guests) The galley, a least on the 31 is an L shaped configuration, which for us, keeps you braced in with swells, seated if wished and out of the way of traffic. I am 5' 10",not a big guy, and have no headroom issues anywhere below deck. Again, everyone has their ideas of what works, and that is clearly in the eyes of the beholder. We love the Orions, just not what we chose but clearly was the boat for you!

BTW....have spent time aboard all being discussed and also sail a 31. So excited for the OP regardless of which they choose!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome