SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking for Carol K
View Single Post
post #6 of Old 10-27-2019 Thread Starter
eherlihy
Learning the HARD way...

Re: Looking for Carol K

I am also making the trek from RI to Norfolk, VA. leaving next Monday (November 4). The boat is well-found, a Caliber 40LRC, and it has AIS. I will be helping two novice sailors bring their boat to the Bahamas. Once in Norfolk, they will take the ditch to Florida.

My plan is to take our time and transit Long Island Sound to Sandy Hook, NJ. We will then wait for a window to jump from Sandy Hook to Cape May. Once in Cape May I will decide to either go up the Delaware and down the Chesapeake, or around the outside to Norfolk, again weather dependent. I will check in with my wife every day, so my position and plan will be known within a 100 mile radius. I have planned on TEN days to make the trip, and will take longer if the weather doesn't cooperate.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USCG Licensed OUPV Captain, US/Sailing BKB and ASA 101/103/104/105/106/114/118 Instructor - Also ABYC certified in Marine Electrical Systems,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome