SailNet Community - View Single Post - Horizon Nemo '39 Info needed
View Single Post
post #24 of Old 10-27-2019
Odevie

Re: Horizon Nemo '39 Info needed

Hi All!

I release this post is quite old, but it looks like it gets revisited every few years so thought this might be the best place to say hi and ask for some advice - My wife and I recently purchased a 1987 Horizon 39 here in Australia that had been sailed across from the states in the mid 90's. We are giving her a new home and have been doing some extensive repairs. While searching technical information on the boat we came across these posts - I was wondering if there was any way to get some of the design drawings or information on the vessel, as we have been repairing quite a lot of rot and wanted to make sure any areas that we repaired were in line with the original design requirements. We have already needed to replace the entire deck core from bow back to cockpit, as well as rot in bulkheads etc and are now looking at the mast step and flooring... The mast step appears to be a solid fibreglass block which had 1" plywood boxing it in - The plywood had quite bad rot, but I'd like to know if it had any structural purpose or was simply a frame for the sole. I'm sure I'll have millions of other questions as we go but we're learning and she is slowly coming back to life... She is the cutter rig, shoal draft keel version - just hauled out yesterday to inspect the hull and start on a repaint as well (see pic) ... Hope you can help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Horizon 39 Trailer.jpg (2.53 MB, 3 views)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome