SailNet Community - View Single Post - thinking about a trailor sailor
View Single Post
post #7 of Old 10-29-2019 Thread Starter
dadio917
dadio917

Re: thinking about a trailor sailor

I appreciate the feedback
some context...
1) Tahoe doesn't have marinas per say at least not on our end. What few slips have been condoized and go for over $50k. Buoys are for rent from home owners and resorts but average $3k or more per season.
2) As I said we had an O'day 25 that we'd rent a bouy for. We couldn't rig/take down in much less that 3 hours. So half an hour sounds pretty good.
3) boat ramp down the street is maybe 1500 yards but there is on set of power/phone/cable lines. I could keep much of the rigging attached as long as the mast can be propped low enough to clear the lines. Plenty of room on our property to store in the partially rigged state.
4) probably wouldn't day sail much. more likely to put her in for a few days.
5) swing keel or shoal keel with centerboard, or even centerboard a requirement as some years water can get low. In fact some years would have to drive a few miles to a deeper ramp.

Kind of sounds like a Catalina 22 remains the leading contender.

Hey Minnesail..
Quote:
But I donít necessarily agree that the C22 is that spartan. We have a stove and a BBQ, a sink, good electric, and a head that flushes.

I think it depends on how big you are. Iím 5í 9Ē and (by midwest standards) of average weight. My wife is under 5í. The boat fits us fine. But if I were two inches taller or 40 lbs heavier then it would be a bit cramped.
We're about same size and pretty fit. Any particular models of C22 we should look at?
thanks

Dadio917
Valiant 39

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome