SailNet Community - View Single Post - Northern Bahamas- current situation?
View Single Post
post #5 of Old 10-30-2019
hpeer

Re: Northern Bahamas- current situation?

We did the Abacos then down through the family islands. Only I would skip San Salvador if I was to do it again. The anchorage is dicey and the marina was untenable forcing a exit at dark through surf. NOT good.

Eleuthera and Spanish Wells were nice. Should not have been effected by the storms. Further South stopped at Managuaya, pretty deserted place with a good anchorage. Not much to do shoreside. We laid there 3 days with 40 knots and were fine.

We felt very safe and almost no crime. We frequently rent a car for a day to tour an island from shore side.

Georgetown, Exumas was not as bad as we thought it might be. But we were with under 200 boats on the hook. I hear they can get close to 300 during race week whenever that is. So maybe someone could fill in on that.

We liked the Abacos best but I would give them a skip for a couple of years unless you need to do something to contribute.

We liked the Bahamas but are not wild to go back. Too flat and arid, but thatís a personal taste thing. We prefer DR, PR, Dominique, Guadeloupe, Martinique.

33' Brewer, Murray 33, steel cutter
44' Pape, Steelmaid, cc steel cutter

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome