SailNet Community - View Single Post - Northern Bahamas- current situation?
View Single Post
post #6 of Old 10-31-2019
MarkofSeaLife

Dock
Re: Northern Bahamas- current situation?

You could clear in at West End... If it still exists.

To get to Marsh Harbor I would go outside, in New Providence Channel.
I've seen drone footage of Marsh Harbor and it's flattened. Totally. So they may want visitors to help.
If not, then it's easy to go to Nassau... It is pretty cool. Atlantis is totally weird but unmissable. High crime but I took the local bus out to the suburban mall and it was great.

The Exhumas are terrific. Georgetown is a Must See as the Snow Bird cruising community is crazy weird.

As @hpeer says, it's all flat and barren, plus the history, community and culture is totally fractured because it's too close to the USA.

However, it's the first country outside North America so it's interesting for that. And if you want solitude then sail 5 miles and you'll find somewhere deserted.

Watch the shallow waters where the hurricane may have stirred the bottom. I used AIS to track the local cargo boat - they draw 2 meters, I draw 1.8m. So I just saved their tracks as routes

Sea Life
Notes on a Circumnavigation:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

People can say they want freedom, but offer them the keys to what chains them, a map to where they want to go,
And they'll turn it down for the cell they know

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome