SailNet Community - View Single Post - Racor fuel vacuum guages
View Single Post
post #4 of Old 11-02-2019
Minnewaska

Re: Racor fuel vacuum guages

If one will be buying fuel from reliable sources (virtually all US supplies would be and local knowledge should keep you away from the bad ones), a water separating primary and engine secondary filter is probably all one needs. The alarms and gauges are never a bad idea, but not really necessary for a weekend warrior in the first world. I think the OP is in FL, but not sure of the boat's intended use.

Be sure the tank and lines begin clean, keep water out and properly dose all fuel with a biocide. Then inspect the clear bowl on the racor and change the filters regularly. If the filter starts to become excessively contaminated, you'll know something is up long in advance.

If your fuel source is questionable, that's a different story. If it is, I'd also want a by-pass filter, so I could keep the motor running, while it get somewhere to make the repair.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.
The Following User Says Thank You to Minnewaska For This Useful Post:
rschudy (11-03-2019)

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome