SailNet Community - View Single Post - A general question on expectations from Yanmar parts dealers.
View Single Post
post #8 of Old 11-04-2019
Minnewaska

Re: A general question on expectations from Yanmar parts dealers.

The only Yanmar engine I have is in our Mase generator and I've (thankfully) not needed anything other than routine maintenance parts to date. As a very dated recollection, it was hard to find Yanmar engine schematics and parts numbers online. Most other manufacturers publish them for free. For example, I have every single one printed, as well as saved to my hard drive, for my Volvo engine. It really comes in handy. Do any Yanmar online shops publish parts list/schematics now? I've ordered Yanmar parts online, but already knew the numbers. I just took a look on the site they use, but didn't see any. At most I found Common Parts for specific engines, but they were all wear items only.

I wonder if there is a reason it seems harder to do with Yanmar. I wonder if they put different parts or accessories on the same engines and don't have the decoder ring, for which is which. Not saying that's true.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome