SailNet Community - View Single Post - A general question on expectations from Yanmar parts dealers.
View Single Post
post #10 of Old 11-04-2019
PhilCarlson

Dock
Re: A general question on expectations from Yanmar parts dealers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyfromthenorth View Post
... rude to me and said statements along the lines of "what do you expect me to do?? Look through the part catalog with you to find it???...
Yes. That is exactly what I expect you to do...

I learned quickly that Yanmar's solid engine performance does not extend to it's dealer network. And that's the problem, they use a territorial distribution net, which is also why they don't sell online.

A few years back I needed some air filters. Called up the regional distributor to have them shipped. All good until we got to my address. Can't ship to me, [territorial explanation], need to order from this guy. Called the other guy. Shipped me the parts, billing me shipping from the distributor to the dealer, then dealer to me... Absurd, took forever, but I needed them and didn't have time to go pick them up.

Lesson learned: Find the regional distributor. They will be a larger company and more likely to embrace the concept of Customer Service.

I now send Suzie at Mastry and e-mail with my wish list and take half a day to make the trip for parts. Service is great, help with part numbers, etc.. No problem.

In fact, if you find yourself in need again, I'd shoot her a note ([email protected]) and explain your situation. I'd be shocked if she didn't get you pointed in the right direction.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome